- The physical, mental, social, and some say spiritual, functioning of a person, which can range from poor to good (Huber, 2010; Huber, Knottnerus, Green, van der Horst, Jadad, Kromhout … & Smid, 2011; Thompson, MacLean, Roach, Banman, Mabior & Pedlar 2016; Thompson, Heber, VanTil, Simkus, Carrese, Sareen & Pedlar, 2019).
- santé can be described subjectively such as a person’s own description of their santé, psychological well-being, or santé-related quality of life.
- santé also can be described objectively, such as observations by a family member or santé professional.
For General Public
- Refers to how a person is physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually functioning.
- Can be described as how the person views their own santé or as how others view a person’s santé.
Return to Index