The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in unprecedented and often devastating new circumstances for healthcare providers (HCPs), leading to an increased need for mental health prevention and early interventions efforts to support this critical workforce. Healthcare Salute: Thank You for Your Service is an ongoing surveillance and knowledge mobilization plan to support the needs of Canadian HCPs impacted by this challenging time.
Join us online from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, November 15, 2022, for our first symposium, on the hidden crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic: moral injury and moral distress (MI/MD) experienced by HCPs.
This free event will feature:
- Research presentations about the impact of MI/MD on both Canadian and global HCPs
- A panel discussion with Canadian HCPs who have worked — and continue to work — throughout the pandemic
- A panel discussion with mental health researchers who are studying risk and mitigating factors of MI/MD in healthcare providers
This event will be of interest to healthcare providers who have worked during the pandemic and their supporters (e.g., friends, family, mental health providers working with HCPs), organizational leadership, professional organizations and policy makers — so please share this invitation widely.
THANK YOU HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS.
For registration questions:
For more information about this event:
This symposium will be moderated by Hannah Sung (mediagirlfriends.com).
With gratitude to McMaster University Faculty of Health Sciences: Continuing Professional Development for broadcasting this event’s video feed.
Upcoming events in this series:
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. ET on December 1, 2022: A virtual town hall about self-care and self-compassion for Canadian HCPs during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET on January 19, 2023: A virtual symposium about risk and resiliency in Canadian HCPs during the COVID-19 pandemic